Complaint Review: SkyBox TV

• Updated: Fri, March 22, 2002
  • Reported By: Williamson NY
  • SkyBox TV
    Duluth, Georgia

SkyBox TV ripoff, dishonest, fraud, phone number never answered, consumer rip-off fraud Duluth Georgia

*0:

Ordered 2-room DishNetwork system in October, 2001.
Was charged $39.99 "shipping & handling" charge on October credit card statement.

Finally received my certificate on December 6, 2001. Called and scheduled installation.

Installation was done on December 16, 2001.

I noticed a charge of $189.00 on my January credit card statement. I called SkyBox TV and after several attempts finally got through to a human on 01/28/02.

Was told that I didn't have the systems installed within the 15-day timeframe. Explained that systems were installed 10 days after receipt of certificate.

Was told to fax my service contract to SkyBox TV. Immediately faxed all information including my internet order receipt.

Did not hear anything from the company.

Called again and finally got through to a human on 02/04/02.

Inquired about the status of my account and was told that "it is currently in the billing department." Customer Service person gave my a confirmation number and explained that I would be receiving a credit on my credit card account.

Two statements later, still no credit.

Have tried unsuccessfully to reach a human at the phone number, but have not been able to get through since 02/04/02.

This really stinks and the SkyBox TV should be made to pay!

Gail
Williamson, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/skybox-tv/duluth-georgia/skybox-tv-ripoff-dishonest-fraud-phone-number-never-answered-consumer-rip-off-fraud-du-17368. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 0

AUTHOR: - ()

Decided to check the RipoffReport.com site to see if there are any updates. I read through the rebuttals from Skybox TV, and tried to access their web site to fill out the
"form" they refer to in their rebuttal. Unfortunately, the website is not available. What do we do now?