Report: #1209452

Internet
    USA

Skype.com Suspended my account including my $18 worth of credit. Internet

*Author of original report: Skype's Response

I opened an account with Skype.com back in 2010.  I purchased $20 worth of credit so that I could make calls to persons that did not have Skype accounts, which costs extra.  Shortly after I opened the Skype account, my credit card number was compromised and unauthorized purchases were being made, resulting in me having to cancel my old credit card number and obtain a new one.

After cancelling my old credit card, Skype.com suspended my account.  Since then, I have not been able to make calls, even to persons who have Skype accounts.  In addition to that, they seized my Skype credit--about $18 worth at that time.

For the past several years, I have contacted Skype's customer support regarding this matter.  They have not been helpful.  I am never given the opportunity to speak to a real person via phone.  I only get emails from individuals with fake names. They keep asking for my old credit card number, which I no longer have.  When I explain to them why I had to cancel my old credit card number and get a new one, only then will they reactivate my account but shortly after, I get notifications that my account will soon expire.  This has happened 3 or 4 times now so now I am VERY DISSATISFIED!

This is the address of Skype.com--somewhere in France; however, I'm beginning to wonder if it is ficticious, like their customer service reps: Skype Communications S.A.R.L. 23-29 Rives de Clausen, L-2165 Luxembourg.

In closing, I would like to know if this is happening to other Skype users and if so, how many?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2015 11:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/skypecom/internet/skypecom-suspended-my-account-including-my-18-worth-of-credit-internet-1209452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Skype's Response

AUTHOR: Michelle Olson - ()

Skype's Response:

Looks like we’ve got everything we need. We've received your account release request and we'll send an email with further instructions to [email address] shortly.

Just cancelled my account with Skype today.  Filled out their Customer Support Request Page several times last week, along with their Account Recovery Form.  They acknowledged that they had received the information that I submitted and that I would be contacted by email shortly.  No one ever contacted me.  It has been over a week.  I'm switching to Google Chat--it's free.