• Report: #340311
Complaint Review:


  • Submitted: Sat, June 14, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, June 14, 2008

  • Reported By:South Milwuakee Wisconsin
6105 Trenton Lane North, Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.

SLEEP NUMBER They have set themselves up to take from you $149.99 for SET UP & another $199.99 to RETURN before 30 DAYS TRIAL Minneapolis Minnesota

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

What's this?
Corporate Advocacy Program

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

Last week my husband & I ask a sales professional at a SELECT COMFORT retail store to explain to us why we needed the sleep number bed and not a Tempur-pedic (we were also interested in)(please note: We live 15 minutes from the this store in wisconsin.)

We were given lots of reasons to purchase this 7000 model, I'll just list the few I found interesting (1.) 20 year warranty (2.) $149.99 if you don't like it return it within 30 days no questions ask. (3.) the 7000 model we were laying on in the store was 70% better then what we ending up getting.

We signed the deal, recieve pages 2-5 of the GE credit terms and two of the same copies of the bill in a thank you pamphlet. The bill was listed like such.
7000 king $3549.98
Delivery $149.99

When we recieved this bed, we then recieved the Welcome to your Sleep Number Bed, With the warranty listed as such:

2-20 years (20% plus 4% of price for each year from date of purchase)
....for example, if a warranty claim arises 12 years after date of purchase, the cost to the original purchaser would be 68% of the price (select comfort would be responsible for the remaining 32% of the price.

I called to have the bed returned the very next day (6-14-08). That's when I was told about another $199.99 to return the bed.

I explained to the customer service return center that The Sales rep mislead us into believing that for $149.99 we could try the bed for 30 days and if the warranty is not what we thought, or if we don't even like the bed return it no questions, recieve a refund. The customer service return center make it clear that they only knew how to collect another $199.99 for returning the bed.
I ask why it cost that much when the store was only 15 minutes away and their delivery guys say they drop off and pick up all day long everyday? I said don't you think $349.98 is a bit over priced for deliveries? Return center said this is company policy, I then asked don't you have policies protecting customers from buying your items without full disclosures, I feel we have been lied to and now being take advantage of. The return center said I'm not a sales rep so I have no knowledge on their jobs or policies even though they both work for the same company. That's not good

Why would a company allow a chance for a bad rep unless their figuring, they would just bait you into these sleep number beds with their high price deliveries. That tells me that this is a company not worthy of your business.

South Milwuakee, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2008 04:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sleep-number/minneapolis-minnesota-55442/sleep-number-they-have-set-themselves-up-to-take-from-you-14999-for-set-up-another-19-340311. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SLEEP NUMBER

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?