Report: #195721

• Reported By: Huntington Station New York
  • Sleepys
    410 Commack Rd.
    Deer Park, New York

Sleepys - Manager, Brian ripoff Garbage clearance bed for $500! Deer Park New York

*Consumer Comment: Just happened to me

I was miss-lead by the Manager, Brian, at this Sleepys Store in Deer Park, N.Y. I was interested in buying a mattress on Clearance. He told me this was a great mattress at a great deal. He said it was a floor sample with nothing wrong with it, they just have to change them every 6 months. Hence, they end up on Clearance.

I have had that brand and loved it, so I said fine. Only after I wrote the check, handed it to him, and as I was signing the reciepts, did he tell me it was "As is, no warantee, no refunds or exchanges". I should have taken my check back right then, but I did trust him, and believed his sales pitch.

I immediatly found the mattress sagging, and got much worse over the next 3 weeks. To the point that I cannot even sleep on it. It is very damaged and needs to go right to the curb. So, I am throwing out $500.00 as they refuse to do anything about it. I cannot even afford to buy another mattress at this time and will be sleeping on the couch until this is resolved.

I feel I bought this mattress "As lied to" not "As is"! Brian practiced some pretty shady sales technics.

Donna
Huntington Station, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2006 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sleepys/deer-park-new-york-11729/sleepys-manager-brian-ripoff-garbage-clearance-bed-for-500-deer-park-new-york-195721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Just happened to me

AUTHOR: Gconn - (United States of America)

Hi,

I wanted to write in regards to your clearance mattress.  My wife and I just bought one 2 days ago and the bed is sagging already and have had the worst night sleep ever.  Our salesman never told us that this was a floor model or used.  We were assuming we were getting last years close out mattress never used brand new.  Did you ever get your mattress resolved? We are trying to fight it now.