Complaint Review: Sleepys

4028 Bethlehem Pike
    Telford, Pennsylvania
    USA

Sleepys Will Not Honor Its Warranties Telford Pennsylvania

We purchased a Simmons Beautyrest mattress from a Sleepy's store.  Less than 1 year after the purchase, one side of the mattress sagged extensively and essentially became a deep depression in the mattress.  We contacted Sleepy's, who mailed us a Self-Inspection Kit to measure the depression.  First off, the "ruler" they sent to us, which required us to show that the depression was at least 1 1/2 inches deep, misrepresented the actual depth of the depression because the "ruler" showed 1 1/2 inches as actually being almost 2 inches deep when compared with an actual tape measure.  In any event, our depression was deep enough, so we took all of the required photographs (approximately 25 photos) and uploaded on the website as directed.

We did not hear back from Sleepy's for approximately 3 months.  They would not return phone calls, and the warranty subcontractor company they used would not return phone calls.  Come to find out, they denied the warranty claim without ever notifying us, on the basis that the mattress was in an incorrectly sized frame.  When I contacted Sleepy's to dispute that, as the photographs clearly showed that the queen mattress was in a queen frame, I discovered that only 5 or 6 of the approximately 25 photos were being used by Sleepy's and they had ignored the rest of the photos, thus justifying the denial of the warranty claim in their view.  Finally, after re-sending all of the photos, they agreed to honor the warranty.

We selected a new mattress, but upon delivery, the delivery man used a flashlight to examine the mattress and found one dried dime-sized spot on the mattress and stated that the one spot voided the mattress warranty in its entirety.  He went on to state that Sleepy's and Simmons will refuse any mattress that has any indication of a spot or stain on the mattress.  From approximately 1 foot away, there are no visible spots or stains whatsoever.  It is only if you take a flashlight to the mattress can you barely see a spot.  I requested permission to spot clean it, and when I did, the spot was no longer visible.  Still, he refused to take the mattress, admitting that they rarely take mattresses back for Sleepy's and Simmons in particular because they always screw the warranty holders on this basis.  So now, I am stuck with my defective mattress, manufactured by Simmons and sold by Sleepy's, and have to essentially sleep in a hole until I can purchase a new one at my own cost.

Meanwhile, I am 6 months pregnant, and the depression in the mattress is causing back pain.  Simmons tells me that cannot do anything because this is a Sleepy's warranty since they are the authorized dealer.  I feel at this point my only recourse is to publicly tell this story, to encourage other purchasers to not avoid Sleepy's and Simmons, as it seems they will do anything to not honor their warranty for manufacturer's defects.  Thank you for taking the time to read this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2016 10:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sleepys/telford-pennsylvania-18969/sleepys-will-not-honor-its-warranties-telford-pennsylvania-1338060. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content