Complaint Review: Smart Smoker.com - Smoke Signals.com

• Smart Smoker.com - Smoke Signals.com
    smartsmoker.com
    Nationwide

Smart Smoker.com - Smoke Signals.com tax rip-off Seneca Nation Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Be glad you don't live in New York State.

I fully agree with Ricfeliu, this company at the time of my purchase had no mention of their tax policy on their website, although they do now. I purchased from them four years ago. I just received my notice regarding past due taxes for the cigarettes including four years worth of penalties and interest. At the time they advertised as a way of saving money and, as I said previously, never mentioned that I would be reported and still owe the additional taxes. Had I known that why would I have ever even bought from them. Stay away from this company!

Shinglhed
Lansdale, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2008 06:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/smart-smokercom-smoke-signalscom/nationwide/smart-smokercom-smoke-signalscom-tax-rip-off-seneca-nation-nationwide-326692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Be glad you don't live in New York State.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

It's must worse here.

The money grabbers in Albany changed the state income tax code several years ago so that you have to report the difference is county sales tax on all purchases made outside of your COUNTY of residence and pay your county sales tax (if it's a higher rate) than the sales tax you paid in another county.

And of course, it's a criminal offense if you don't report this unpaid sales tax on the state income tax form. This crap applies to the internet as well where you don't pay any NYS sales tax.

Here's an example: I'm live in Erie county and I go on a 2 week vacation to Hamilton County (Adirondacks) and spend $1000 in Hamilton county. The county sales tax in Hamilton county is less than the county sales tax in Erie. When I file my NYS income tax I'm required to claim the difference in the sales tax on my state income tax (and PAY the tax as well.)

They know that most folks won't keep good enough records to list everything, so they offer a FLAT RATE (undeclared sales tax) fee you can pay which is based on your INCOME. In other words, they will "forgive your not reporting the unpaid COUNTY sales tax provided you pay this fee."

Great gig if you can get it, isn't it? And they wonder why folks are fleeing this state.