Complaint Review: Smart Start

• Smart Start
    14255 N 79th Street
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    United States of America

Smart Start Installed Interlock, Car Immediately Runs Poorly, Then Employees Stonewall, Lie and Even Yell at and Threaten Me, the Person Whose Car they Ruined Scottsdale, Arizona

*General Comment: The first time in the History of the world

*Author of original report: ?

*Consumer Comment: Drunkard

What this company did to me is beyond the pale. In 2009 I got a DUI. Shame on me, I know. No one was hurt and no one could have gotten hurt--the circumstances were ridiculous but that's neither here nor there.

In this state, after a DUI the "perp" must put interlock in the car. So companies like Smart Start basically have extortionary powers over taxpayers that want to drive.

Since the interlock is mandatory, I had the interlock device installed my car by Smart Start. My choice of companies was a HUGE mistake.  In sum:

When I showed up for install, another customer was complaining about how rude someone at the company had been to him, especially considering the fact that MVD can NAIL customers bc of Smart Start's mistakes. He was pissed, I got worried. Nonetheless, I allowed them to install the interlock device. My car had just passed emissions and was running perfectly. After the install, it was not running properly at all. I immediately made phone calls to numbers given to me, and the operators were clueless, defensive and not helpful at all. When I FINALLY contacted the people in this state, they stonewalled, told me it was "impossible" for them to have affected my car. Really? IMPOSSIBLE? That's a ridiculous statement on its face. Further, the guy who installed it called me back and started yelling at me for "accusing" him of this or that. I had never accused him of anything. I had to fight tooth and claw just to get them to take a look at the car, all the while they kept asking me if I'd continue to be a customer (see, they know that I can't say no bc if I do, my license immediately gets suspended). Despicable.

So they looked at my car, couldn't figure it, and then I had to fight tooth and claw for them to take it to a third party to see what they had done. They finally did it and wanted me to pay for it!  In the interim, they had removed the device. Smart Start then told me (of course) that they didn't hurt the car though my mechanic friend told me it's definitely possible they did. So there was impasse. Then, the local general manager refused to re-install the device, keeping my money, and knowing that my license would be suspended due to his refusal.

See how these guys work?  They have more leverage than the mafia, as Smart Start has state laws to strengthen their hand. And, they fully take advantage of that fact. These were the most rude, inept, lying, corrupt bunch of people I've ever come across in "business."

I live my life politely and peacefully, and I've taken 20 mins to fill this out so that no one else ever uses this wholly corrupt company.  I've never done anything like this before but This was just beyond the pale.

Smart Start Is Your Worst Nightmare. Go Somewhere Else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2012 07:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/smart-start/scottsdale-arizona-85260/smart-start-installed-interlock-car-immediately-runs-poorly-then-employees-stonewall-l-923585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

The first time in the History of the world

AUTHOR: Bubba Lee - (Canada)

For the first time in the entire history of the world I will defend a convicted DUI.

The idiots that can't instal an interlock without ruining the car should be shot.

For their ducking responsibility and refusing to to refund or follow through on a contract should put them in jail with the repeat DUI offenders they ripped off.

?

AUTHOR: dangerouscriminalforever - (United States of America)

Apparently you didn't read the first paragraph. I wasn't driving. I will also remind you this is the first time I've ever taken the time to write anything like this, or go on a site like this. That's because I have a life. Obviously you don't. Bugger off.

Drunkard

AUTHOR: Boohoo - (United States of America)

You should have no rights at all. You got behind the wheel and put the public at risk for your own hedonistic ends, then you want to complain because you're inconvenienced and someone was rude to you. Suck up your karmoc punishment and go to AA. Crybaby.