Complaint Review: SmartShopper

• Reported By: Patricia — Eugene Oregon United States of America
  • SmartShopper

Internet
    United States of America

SmartShopper Entertainment Travel Savings, Free Shipping I was offered a promo for a $100.00 gift card for wal-mart or Target paying only $5 shipping/handling, Internet

*Consumer Comment: hurry

I was offered a promotional gift card to Wal-mart or Target beacuasse i perchased a phone card from wal-mart. After setting up my phone they offered me the deal, that would only cost me $5 for shipping and hadling to recieve a $100.00 card, useable for wal-mart or Target. I agreed thinking that it was a legit offer(considering it was coming through wal-mart),and giving them my credit card number. When i recieved my "gift card" in the mail, it was not as expected.

I recieved 4 coupon vouchers for $25.00, and could only se them if i had ALREADY spent $100.00. So i called smartshopper to write my name OFF their list because what i recieved was NOT what was offered to me. They supposedly cancelled everything,but i checked my bank statement and they had charged me almost $70.00 for 3 more offers i never agreed to. So i called them again and they re-embursed my money to my account.

This morning i receved a phone call from a magazine company saying that i am being charged $69.95 for magazines that i oredered through SmartShopper. I told them NO that i had not orederd magazines and i closed out any association with smartshopper. They proceeded to tell me that i DID oreder them and if i have issues to get ahold of the company who is selling out my personal information to other companies, and hung up on me. I tried calling them back on the number they called from and it was a toll free phone directory. So i believe Smartshopper is selling out credit card numbers and personal information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2012 04:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/smartshopper/internet/smartshopper-entertainment-travel-savings-free-shipping-i-was-offered-a-promo-for-a-100-844990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

hurry

AUTHOR: GeorgeV - (USA)

you had better call your cc company and report your card stolen before more charges are made, the charges will continue until they cannot charge anymore. DO NOT just cancel your card cause the charges will reopen the account.