Complaint Review: Smile Direct Club

• Smile Direct Club
    701 Broadway Ave ste 130
    Nashville, Tennessee
    USA

Smile Direct Club Can't prove they're legit, Insurance won't pay Nashville Tennessee

Great, easy, affordable braces.  You do your own impressions at home, your aligners come in the mail.  I spoke with my insurance company in February 2017 to make sure that this type of orthdontia was covered in my plan, and it was.

I paid in full up front, expecting to be reimbursed 50% by my insurance company.  Smile Direct Club refuses to provide the necessary information on the ADA Dental Claim form and my insuracne company cannot verify that they are legitimate.  I have been back and forth between Smile Direct Club and my insurance company for months and I keep getting the same story.  The insurance company does not need this information, because insurance is not paying them directly.  The insurance company simply cannot determine whether they are a legitimate operation, actully licensed to perform the service they are.

Every time I receive a new ADA Dental Claim form from Smile Direct Club, Dr Benjamin Burris has  a different address, one in Nashville, one in Fayetteville AR, and my insurance company tells me that Dr. Burris is licensed in MO. The fact that the company refuses to provide me the information I need for my insurance company tells me only one thing - that they are not running a legitimate business, and are not licensed to perform this service. The aligners are still much more affordable than seeing a doctor every 2 weeks for your next aligner tray, but don't have any expectations that they're a legitimate ortho provider.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2017 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/smile-direct-club/nashville-tennessee-37203/smile-direct-club-cant-prove-theyre-legit-insurance-wont-pay-nashville-tennessee-1403862. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content