Complaint Review: Sofa Showcase

• Submitted: Mon, August 26, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, August 26, 2002
  • Reported By: Carteret NJ
  • Sofa Showcase
    565, Route 18, East Brunswick (Elliott)
    East Brunswick, New Jersey

Sofa Showcase is a ripoff business from hell. East Brunswick, New Jersey

On May 25, 2002,I paid $1,429.00 in full for a sectional sleeper (2 sofas). The delivery date was supposed to be 8 to 12 weeks; which is right about this time. (August 27). I have received nothing and I have not heard from them. It looks like I won't be hearing from them based on the complaints I have read on the web. There must be many more people out there they have riped off. How come they were allowed to operate for so long under false pretences.

There is currently a different furniture store at the same location which is probably the same store with a different name. The public truely is not protected. I pray that I receive my money or furniture since we need it desperately and saved for a long time to buy this furniture. The next time I certainly will not pay the entire balance. This will teach all of us a lesson in life to only go to stores that are credible.

Jimmy
Carteret, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2002 07:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sofa-showcase/east-brunswick-new-jersey-08816/sofa-showcase-is-a-ripoff-business-from-hell-east-brunswick-new-jersey-28080. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content