Complaint Review: Software Empire

• Updated: Mon, June 26, 2017
  • Reported By: Anonymous in Florida — Live Oak Florida USA
  • Software Empire

USA

Software Empire softwareempire.com DO NOT USE THIS SCAM to get internet software licenses New York or Clearwater FL New York or Florida

Our computer suffered a terminal crash and I was rebooting it, I purchased what looked to be a valid new product key for Windows 7 from this online fraud.  When we tried to install it, it was rejected by the computer.  We called the number Software Empire gave us for installation problems, and it asked to download something onto the smartphone.  Do NOT do this first of all.  We called back and said we were a landline, and it directed us to use the "online chat" which supposedly has business hours from 10 to 5 EST.  The online chat is not a chat.  It is just a way to leave them a message and they do not get back to you.  So, you go around in a circle.  We tried calling Microsoft, we tried all their other ways to get activation help, the computer rejected the license every time.

I have a valid "receipt" from them which shows my order number, my license, and I have an "account" which uses some ridiculous 20 plus character sign-on for "privacy," but still this has left me nowhere and they do not answer the "help line" at the top of their site or the "email address."  I tried to leave a comment and review on Google but it won't let me.

This is a scam.  They now have my card information (our business card), they have sold us a product without producing the product.  This is clear fraud and they should be prosecuted.

I am not sure quite what to do next, I don't mind losing the $35 as much as I mind being at risk from them having our information for billing.

Please someone shut down this operation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2017 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/software-empire/-/software-empire-softwareempirecom-do-not-use-this-scam-to-get-internet-software-licenses-1381342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content