Complaint Review: Solid Gold Jewlery

• Solid Gold Jewlery
    3212 East Main Street
    Endwell, New York
    USA

Solid Gold Jewlery Owner Jim Scams Customer of Over $1000 Across Multiple Visits Endwell New York

*Author of original report: True.

*General Comment: Out of curiosity...

I had some gold coins to sell, and figured I would give this fairly new, yet "reputable" business a try. As a beginner coin enthusiast, I looked up to the two gentlemen at this shop to give me their expert advice as to how much my items were worth. After selling multiple 1oz gold coins to this business for about $850-$875 (Gold Spot as of Writing this is ~$1185), I decided to go to get a second opinion from the local America's Attic. The gentlemen in that shop were very reasonable, and offered me spot minus $50 for the coin. ($1137!) I was upset, seeing I had just been conned out of over $1000 by the OWNER of this "business"; Solid Gold Jewlery. After my visit to America's Attic, I proceeded to return to the business to discuss this issue with the owner, as we had had a meeting to sell another one of the items. I walked into the Solid Gold Jewlery establishment and showed the owner the reciept from America's Attic. He did not take kindly to this at all. He even questioned the authenticity of my reciept! I went back to see if there was a way to resolve this peacefully, and instead was fed a bunch of hot-headed nonsense. I immediately walked out of the store without another word, seeing that standing there listening to his jargon was not going to get me anywhere, except a potentially keying to my car or other retaliation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2015 03:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/solid-gold-jewlery/endwell-new-york-13760/solid-gold-jewlery-owner-jim-scams-customer-of-over-1000-across-multiple-visits-endwell-1231767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

True.

AUTHOR: - ()

I should have done my research, and accept all responsibility for my actions. I was displeased with the way he handled the conversation pertaining to the difference.

#2 General Comment

Out of curiosity...

AUTHOR: TheTruth411 - (USA)

How exactly were you conned? As any type of Pawn Shop, They give you an offer and it is up to you to accept or decline. Just because you accepted and later found out you could have gotten more does not mean you were conned or ripped off. Maybe you should gotten multiple offers beforehand and chosen the best one.