Complaint Review: South Bay Office Products, Inc

• South Bay Office Products, Inc
    1100 South Powerline Road
    Deerfield Neach, Florida
    United States of America

South Bay Office Products, Inc Taylor King SCAM, they sound legit-but there not just google there name the BBB rated them a F, read all the complaints Deerfield Neach, Florida

A woman claiming to be with South Bay Office Products, Inc. working out of Norfolk, said she had spoken with my supervisor, whom she named, and that he referred her to me. Claimed her business was moving to Florida and she needed to liquidate. She quoted incredibly low prices for supplies. She assured me she was not attempting to take our business from our current supplier, but said once she re-located to Florida, where the business would operate under the name South Bay Office Products, Inc.

I didn't actually say I wanted to place an order, but the woman went through a list of supplies, asking if we used certain products. If I said yes, she told me she would send x amount. Most items were supposedly available per gross.

Five days later I get two huge boxes full of supplies that will take my company 10 years to go through. The shipping labels give a return address of South Bay Office Products at 1100 Powerline Rd in Deerfield Beach, FL. I went online and googled there name and the BBB came up rating them a F(Why are they still doing business if they received a F).  Also all these complaints I cannot believe they are still doing business.

Under our company policy, I cannot place an order with any company, without my supervisor's prior approval. According to the FTC website, legally YOU ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO PAY for the supplies and YOU SHOULD NOT RETURN the supplies when you are victim of such a scam. Guess what I am not paying there Invoice and they will have to come get these boxes.  Not wasting my time on shipping these back to them, I did call 954-834-5370 and Left a Message.  That is as far as I am wasting my time with this Scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2010 09:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/south-bay-office-products-inc/deerfield-neach-florida-33442/south-bay-office-products-inc-taylor-king-scam-they-sound-legit-but-there-not-just-googl-616079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content