Complaint Review:

• Updated: Tue, June 27, 2017

• Reported By: Anon — Devon Dist of Columbia UK
South West Hot Springs
Cadbury Garden Centre, Smallways Nationwide United Kingdom

South West Hot Springs Bristol Hot Spring LtdHot Springs South West and Wales purchased used hot tub Nov 2015, hot tub delivered Jan 2016. 1 yr warranty and service. hot tub lasted for just under 1 year.  Congressbury, Bristol Devon and Somerset

*Author of original report: Finally received some compensation

Purchased used hot tub Nov 2015.  Hot tub delivered for use at business holiday let in Jan 2016.  Hot tub broke down Dec 2016 lasted less than year.  Took the company over a month to repair, resulting in major loss of income and compensation to guests and stress.  Hot tub had 1 yr warranty for parts/service.  I live overseas, so trying to run this from another country doubles the stress.

Hot tub broke down AGAIN March 2017.  Company initially wanted me to pay a lot of money to fix again, and lot of time to repair, again causing great distress, loss of income, compensation to disappointed visitors, money paid to local hot tub firm to fix which was unsuccessful.  More trouble than worth decided no longer wanted this equipment that was unfit for purpose.  for this hot tub to cost me 3,000 pounds and lasted less than a year was ridiculous to keep trying to repair, for how long would it last until it broke down again?

While I was in UK in May, hot tub company agree to remove the hot tub, and agreed to compensate me the small amount of 500 pounds for all my trouble. Hot tub was removed but I have never been compensated. this money has so far not been received.  A cheque was written in June 2017 which omitted my first name (deliberate)?? so my Nationwide bank rejected it.

The company manager then agreed to compensate me via electronic deposit.  this has not been received.  my emails are no longer replied to.  what is so shocking is that this manager appeared to be so genuine, and sincere.  I just want an end and some compensation, I think 500 is a very small amount for all the trouble, expense and anxiety this has caused me.

Many of the employees who I dealt with that worked for this company appear to no longer work for this company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2017 06:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/south-west-hot-springs/nationwide/south-west-hot-springs-bristol-hot-spring-ltdhot-springs-south-west-and-wales-purchased-u-1381752. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on South West Hot Springs

Finally received some compensation

AUTHOR: - ()

I finally received 500 pounds in compensation for all the problems with the hot tub, so I'm grateful for that.