Complaint Review: Southern Diesel Repair

• Southern Diesel Repair
    225 Bellinger Ln
    West Columbia, South Carolina
    United States of America

Southern Diesel Repair Southern Diesel Truck BEWARE OF THIS RIP OFF COMPANY! West Columbia, South Carolina

*General Comment: What's in a name.

We had hub issues with one of our trailers in SC. We called out Southern Diesel Repair to fix the problem. They said no problem we can fix it, well be out in 20 minutes. The so called mechanic they sent out pulled the hub and bearings off of the trailer. He was there for a total of 30 minutes and said he had to go get parts.

The Mechanic left and came back a short time later and said that he couldnt fix it and charged our driver $580.00.  The service call was 125.00, 3.5 hours Labor 320.00, 100 miles the mechanic traveled 125.00, shop supplies 10.00. He robbed my company of $580 and left my driver just sitting there in the same shape he was when we called them.

I called Southern Diesel to ask them how they justified charging this amount for a job that they didnt fix and only worked on for 30 minutes. The guy I spoke to on the phone had all kinds of excuses and was very unprofessional. He even told me he cut us a break on the shop supplies and they actually had driven 200 miles! The so called mechanic kept all of the lug nuts to the wheel that he took off. I told his boss on the phone that we needed the lugs back and he started getting extremely irate and insulted me numerous times.

Long story short Southern Diesel Repair robbed me of $580.00. Use extreme caution when dealing with this fly by night outfit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2012 02:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/southern-diesel-repair/west-columbia-south-carolina-29170/southern-diesel-repair-southern-diesel-truck-beware-of-this-rip-off-company-west-columbia-876154. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

What's in a name.

AUTHOR: MartyMarsh - (United States of America)

I was going to ask you what was wrong and why couldn't they fix it,but the name of there company says if your truck is broke we can fix it.So you paid them 580 bucks for there (I was going to use the word mechanic but that wouldn't be right)so one of there people could go for a ride?So many people want to get payed for doing nothing these days,absolutely no integrity.

Good luck and God Bless.

Marty

P.S

As a truck driver I will be sure to write there name in my little black book.