Complaint Review: Southern Style Design Bar

• Reported By: CraftyMomma — Florida USA
  • Southern Style Design Bar

Internet
    USA

Southern Style Design Bar SSDB Horrible Customer Service, Delayed Order, Damaged Order, Seller Denies Responsibility, Abusive Responses From Seller, AVOID!!! Deer Park, TX Texas

This order was placed on August 21st, 2017. The order finally arrived on October 6th, 2017. The box arrived flattened, wet, awkwardly taped shut, and all the products inside were damaged. Southern Style Design Bar did NOTHING to package this order with care. The sheets I ordered were unwrapped and 12x12, yet the box they came in is a priority flat rate box which is about 1/2 an inch smaller...crushing the edges of the vinyl I ordered. I messaged this store with pictures and a description of the condition the package came in. Southern Style Design Bar responded by telling me to file a claim through USPS, that there was nothing they could do because it's out of their hands.

After spending 45 minutes on the USPS website, registering for an account, resizing pictures as evidence, etc; I messaged the seller again telling them there was an option for teh seller to file the claim, rather than pushing it off on the buyer. [continued below]....

..... Southern Style Design Bar messaged me that they "ran out of money because of this" and attempted to make me feel guilty becasue she'd "have to send more product". I offered to send all the damaged product back and asked for a refund.

Southern Style Design Bar took this opportunity to call me an "a**hat", a "lazy f***" becasue I complained for spending over an hour on claiming the package (the system kicked me out twice while resizing the images so they could be submitted), a "snowflake", told me to "kick rocks" and to "enjoy your wet vinyl"...all in one long message.

As a small business owner; I have had packages destroyed before by the USPS. I have filed claims for my clients AND I offer them a replacement or refund while I wait to be reimbursed for the damaged package. I would NEVER speak to a client in this manner, pass off the task of filing a claim, or imply that they are an inconvience. I value my clients. The Southern Style Design Bar should be ashamed of themselves. After reading the reviews online, it's pretty obvious this business won't be around much longer. Their only saving grace, is that the prices are so low...it's worth the risk of trying them once.

PS: Had my order been placed in a plastic bag prior to being shoved in a box by itself; the items would have survived even though the box was wet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2017 05:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/southern-style-design-bar/internet/southern-style-design-bar-ssdb-horrible-customer-service-delayed-order-damaged-order-s-1404731. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content