Complaint Review: sovereign bank

• sovereign bank
    249 Main st
    southbridge, Massachusetts
    United States of America

sovereign bank ripped me off told me lies, ruined my credit scores southbridge, Massachusetts

I went to open a checking account at a local bank and was told I could not because Sovereign Bank said I owed them over $275 in back fees.  I left Sovereign Bank in April of 2012 because they had been charging me for a credit card machine and service I had not used in over 18 months.  I had spent numerous times in the bank managers office trying to get this straightened out.  I was told numerous times by Jordon that it was straightened out and the credit card company Data One would stop charging me.  I wrote to First Data to try to get them to stop charging me as per their order to no avail.  Month after month I got charged for a service I did not have and the bank just kept assuring me it would stop.

I finally got fed up and closed my account.  Low and behold they kept charging me for months after I no longer had an account and then charged me insufficient fees as well.  Other than letters I sent them over this period of time I have no proof other than the word of "Jordon"  who refused to give me anything in writing as did the credit card company they have.

Sovereign is one of the bottom feeders of banks.  They practice every sleezy way there is to rip off the working poor especially.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2013 02:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sovereign-bank/southbridge-massachusetts-01550/sovereign-bank-ripped-me-off-told-me-lies-ruined-my-credit-scores-southbridge-massachus-1046208. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content