Complaint Review: Spectrum

• Reported By: Dragonfirea1 — Oconomowoc Wisconsin USA
  • Spectrum

Nationwide
    USA

Spectrum Time Warner CableCharter Communications Told Service was Available, Then Asked to Pay $11k to Connect It Nationwide

I called two weeks before moving to a new address to verify that they service the address. I was told that they had an account on file for the home and that services would be available. When I called to transfer services, I was told that the address was not serviceable and they would have to run about 2000ft of cable to actually service the address. After looking at multiple sites, including cablemover.com, that stated Spectrum services the exact address, the rep scheduled a survey to see what would be needed and if they could, they would run the lines after calling to verify. At that time, we scheduled the in-home setup appointment with a tech ten days out.

The day before I received the appointment reminder, but still had not heard back regarding the survey. I called and was told multiple times that everything was good to go and that the lines were run, so the tech would be all set for the appointment.  When the tech arrived the next day, he could not find the line to the house and noted that it was still 2000ft up the road. After viewing the survey, he stated that it was improperly filled out and that the tech just put "no physical lines needed to the house" on the form. The tech put in for another survey to have construction run the lines and scheduled the next install date two months out.

I put in a request to reschedule the install date and they called the next day and set the date for two weeks out. I then received a call a few days later from their Construction department stating that to run the lines I would need to pay them $11,135 to run the 2,500ft of aerial cable and 168ft of underground cable. After talking with the manager of the department they said they were not responsible for the things said by the other departments and I had two options to pay or to not have service.

I filed an FCC complaint and was contacted by some of the higher up management.  They said they were not responsible for their errors, but would run some additional surveys to see if there was a way that they could lower the cost or have neighbors agree to sign up which would lower the cost.  I received no further contact from management after that and just received the same quote following the same survey they did the first time.  In their official response to the FCC a month later they simply stated that my "concerns were forwarded to the appropriate team for review.  A new site survey was completed to determine the serviceability of {my address}. A representative contacted {me} and advised him of the customer contribution necessary for the construction project to begin."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2017 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/spectrum/nationwide/spectrum-time-warner-cablecharter-communications-told-service-was-available-then-asked-1390205. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content