Complaint Review: Spokeo

Internet
    United States of America

Spokeo Recommend Spokeo to your stalker, he'll never find you , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Try this

The small 2.95 per month charge has managed to put my bank account into the negatives in excess of 200 dollars in a matter of 3 days.

I signed up for this site because my wife is the victim of domestic violence from her ex-husband. Unfortunately, she also needs to maintain an online presence for her career. I was hoping that we would be able to monitor exactly how much information was out there and make sure that her business contacts could still reach her without revealing information about our home address, activities, and children.

After 10 minutes of using the service I would have cancelled anyway. The reports we old and out of date at best, and in two instances the site meshed my wife's information with that of another woman with the same name. If my wife's ex-husband would come after her using the info on this site my wife would be completely safe, however a completely innocent woman could possibly be injured just because she shares my wife's name.

Furthermore, the advertised monthly fee of 2.95 per month that is so obviously splashed over their plans page is charged at one time. This fact is not placed in any obvious place, in fact it is NOWHERE on the plans page at all. 35.40 will be deducted immediately. In our case this meant that several small charges handled via debit card bounced, netting us over 200 dollars in insufficient funds fees.

When customer services was contacted the operator (quite rudely) announced that no refunds were given, ever, for any reason. She refused to allow us to talk to her supervisor. Basically Spokeo gave me an inferior product, used unethical advertising methods, provided poor customer service, and completely refused to stand behind their product.

I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy, but if I chose to I could rest safely knowing that he would never find me using this service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2011 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/spokeo/internet/spokeo-recommend-spokeo-to-your-stalker-hell-never-find-you-internet-679524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Try this

AUTHOR: Leann - (U.S.A.)

You can go to the site and click privacy at the bottom right and have her entries deleted. I know you said most of the info was old or false but then there wouldn't be anything there for her ex to find. If he is as threatening as you say, maybe you should delete your entries as well.