Complaint Review: Spriggs Inc

Las Vegas, Nevada
    United States of America

Spriggs Inc Work for no pay Las Vegas, Nevada

*Author of original report: Issue Resolved

I am a police officer located in Texas. I was asked by Spriggs Inc to work an off-duty security event in which I would be escorting large sums of expensive jewelry to a private party and making sure no one tried to take it. The jewelry store was David Yurman jewelers in North Park mall. I wastold by my contact Jessie(security guard)it would pay $25 /hr and I would be working from 8:45am-12:00 which is roughly 15 hours.

I showed up on time dressed in a suit, at their request, and I made contact with Jessie. We escorted three individuals to a private address where the jewelry was taken and set up in display cases. The private residence barely had no seating, I stood on my feet the entire time in dress shoes. Never complained once. Took a 15min lunch and was back at my post. I asked Jessie several times how and when I would be paid and he told me to call his boss in Nevada, Jennifer. I called Jennifer and she notified me I would be paid two weeks later on the next pay day for their company and a check would be mailed out. Long story short, not only did that check never come but neither did the Fed Ex check they said they would send or the direct deposit. It has been several months now and when I call all I get is a run around from these people. This is very bad business and I feel sorry for anyone else that has to put up with this bunch of liars. The worst part about this is I have been in contact with the Vice President of their company the whole time. If they are hurting for money so bad they have to screw police officers out of it, then they really need to change professions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2010 06:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/spriggs-inc/las-vegas-nevada-89005/spriggs-inc-work-for-no-pay-las-vegas-nevada-677058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Issue Resolved

AUTHOR: J. Jones - (United States of America)

First and foremost I want to make it known that my naming of the jewelry store David Yurman was an attempt to establish accuracy in the timeline of events in my narrative. I inno way meant to implicate or involve David Yurman in my dispute withSpriggs Inc,and Iretract any negative statements that may have insinuated they were in anyway involved. David Yurman is an innocent third party.I have been contacted by Spriggs Inc. and have received a copy of the original check that was sent out to me inthe mail, however due to unknown causes I never received it. Spriggs Inc is issuing me a cashiers check immediately and overnighting it to me for the replacement of the lost check. Due to the resolving of this issue, I retract my previous post and applaud Spriggs Inc for handling it in such a professional manner.