Complaint Review: SPRINT PCS

• Updated: Tue, August 13, 2002
  • Reported By: TAMPA FL
  • SPRINT PCS

Nationwide

I SIGNED UP WITH SPRINT PCS LAST YEAR AND BOUGHT TWO CELL PHONES FROM THEM WITH MY SERVICE. I WAS TOLD I HAD FREE LONG DISTANCE.

WHEN I GOT BILLED FOR LONG DISTANCE CHARGES I TRIED TO CALL SPRINT. IT TOOK 6 HOURS TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEOT. ONLY TO BE TOLD THE SALESMAN WAS NOT AUTHORIZED TO SELL ME FREE LONG DISTANCE. THEY CHANGED MY PLAN AND GAVE ME CREDIT.

EVERY TIME I GOT A BILL I WAS BEING OVERCHARGED FOR MY SERVICES. I WAS SPENDING AT LEAST 8 HOURS A WEEK TRYING TO GET SPRINT ON THE PHONE. THEY WOULD PUT ME ON HOLD INDEFINITELY OR I WOULD GET THE AUTOMATED MESSAGE TO CALL BACK LATER.

THE FINAL STRAW CAME WHEN I TRIED TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THEM TO CHANGE MY CALLING PLAN. I WAS LOSING TOO MANY MINUTES EACH MONTH AND WANTED TO CUT BACK. AFTER CALLING 4 TIMES AND COULD NOT GET A CUSTOMER SERV. REP TO ANSWER THE PHONE I WROTE A LETTER REQUESTING THAT THEY JUST CLOSE MY ACCOUNT, AS I WAS NOT BEING SERVICED AS PROMISED.

THEY SENT ME A BILL FOR A $200 EARLY TERMINATION FEE. ACCORDING TO SPRINT I HAD A ONE YEAR CONTRACT. I MOST CERTAINLY DID NOT. I SPECIFICALLY TOLD THOSE PEOPLE UNDER NO CERCUMSTANCES WOULD I SIGN A CONTRACT FOR ANY SPECIFIED AMOUNT OF TIME AND THEY ASSURED ME THAT WAS OK. WHEN I GOT THIS BILL I CALLED CUSTOMER SERV. AGAIN AND WAS TOLD THAT I HAD TO PAY THE BILL AND THERE WAS NOTHING I COULD DO ABOUT IT.

I ASKED TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR AND WAS DENIED. PLEASE ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO NEXT. I AM NOT PAYING THESE PEOPLE FOR THEIR INCOMPETENCE, BUT I KNOW THEY WILL PUT THIS ON MY CREDIT REPORT AS THIS IS THE WAY THEY HOLD US ALL HOSTAGE.

THANKS A LOT. GERALD

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sprint-pcs/nationwide/sprint-pcs-no-customer-service-5448. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Sprint PCS are a bunch crooks

AUTHOR: KENNETH - ()

My wife used our visa check card to pay our bill of 135.29 what they did was took it out of our checking account SIX TIMES resulting 686.45 overpayment causing with over 220.00 in insufficient funds charges and 1 check being returned.

Every time you call you get a different person excuse me A DUMB a*s that you have to explain the same story over and over.It's B.S..

After going thru all this I been hearing more stories about the stealing going on. All I want is my money back not a credit on my Sprint PCS bill but in my checking account. THANKS KEN MCCLAIN,CLEVELAND,TEXAS

Sprint PCS are a bunch crooks