Complaint Review: Spy Town

• Spy Town
    1227 Walt Whitman Rd, Melville, New York 11747
    Internet
    United States of America

Spy Town Royal Systems, www.spytown.com Unauthorized Dealer Lies and Steals 1,542.00 Internet

06/18/2012: SPY TOWN & ROYAL SYSTEMS= The very worst online Home/Office security distributor ever.  They are not authorized dealers for the products you want.  In May 2012 I bought a new Hybrid DVR from them made by SPECO.  The DVR came new, but the product was produced in Aug 2011. The firmware and software was a problem and outdated. Then the applications to view my 8 cameras didn't work on my iMac, iPhone or PC.  Before the purchase, the owner of Spy Town told me himself, "The warranty is for 3 years IF ANYTHING went wrong, you call me bud."

Well now Spy Town is dodging their responsibility and referring to their no refund policy.
They won't give back a new unit, or give back my money.  Spy Town won't even replace the faulty unit.
I bought it brand new through Spy Town and it failed to work correctly out of the box.
SPECO tells me SPY TOWN isn't authorized to sell SPECO products and shouldn't be telling lies to online buyers.

I sent the unit to be tested where Spy Town demands. The place is called Royal Systems, in the same building as Spy Town.  They claim to test the DVR and say its fine.  I ask for the print out.  I ask for the diagnosis.  i ask for the tech name, number and identification.  Royal Systems/Spy Town couldn't provide one shred of evidence to me.
The conflict of interest here is that they are both one in the same and operate in the same building in NY.
(Spy Town and Royal Systems)

In trying to contact Royal Systems, Lorri Page, is not a very bright person and unwilling to put facts on paper for documentation.  She couldn't answer simple questions and avoids me repeatedly.  Spy Town steals money from me for over 1,365 + 177.00 shipping.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SPY TOWN
www.spytown.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2012 07:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/spy-town/internet/spy-town-royal-systems-wwwspytowncom-unauthorized-dealer-lies-and-steals-154200-inter-899476. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content