Complaint Review: Stainsafe Protection, Levitz

• Reported By: Los Angeles California
  • Stainsafe Protection, Levitz
    354 Hiatt Drive
    Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

Stainsafe Protection, Levitz Warranty protection repair request denied. Given run-around by both stainsafe and levitz. Palm Beach Gardens Florida

Claim # 1.On 02/10/2001, my husband and I purchased a leather sofa and loveseat from Levitz, with the seven year warranty protection at a cost of $169.99. On 03/06/2005, I noticed that there was a tear on the left side of the center cushion and I called for service on 03/09/2005. I was given a claim # and told to mail or fax a copy of my warranty with the claim number visible. Warranty with claim number was faxed the same day. On 04/11/2005, I received a post card from stainsafe, stating that my claim was closed and no further action would be taken.

Claim # 2. On 10/31/2003, my husband and I purchased a rocker recliner from Levitz, with a five-year warranty at a cost of $44.99. On 03/09/2005, I also made a claim because the interior cushion in the seat is rising up in the center and separating around the sides. I was given a claim #. I was placed on hold for a short time, and when the representative returned she told me that this claim was denied and that this was a manufactory defect, and that I needed to call the Levitz store for repair. I called the Levitz store and they told me to call Stainsafe Protection. I was given the run-around by both companys. And still my furniture needs to be repaired. HELP.....

Patricia
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2005 05:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/stainsafe-protection-levitz/palm-beach-gardens-florida-33418/stainsafe-protection-levitz-warranty-protection-repair-request-denied-given-run-around-139619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content