Complaint Review: stamps.com

• Updated: Tue, March 24, 2015
  • Reported By: Grace — Niskayuna New York USA
  • stamps.com

USA

stamps.com high monthly subscription was not make known to me. california

Stamps.com

I signed up for a trial back in December 2014. I was not aware of a monthly subscription program. I was not able to install the software and did not use the service at all. I did receive a package of phamplet but nothing alerting me to the fact that I have signed myself up for a monthly subscription of $15. I did not receive any email on the that the trail is over nor a statement of the monthly subscription.

I did not notice that stamps.com billed me and only recently I contacted AMEX. Amex informed me that I might be on their trail and $15 was their monthly subscription and that I needed to contact them to cancel their subscription.

I believed that this company is not upfront with me on the cost of the service. Would I be aware of the monthly subscription - I would not have signed up for the trial.  It is the responsibility of the company to inform through statement notification of any billing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2015 06:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/stampscom/-/stampscom-high-monthly-subscription-was-not-make-known-to-me-california-1217758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content