Complaint Review: Stamps.com

• Stamps.com

Internet
    USA

Beware of Stamps.com Trial Period and cancellation policies

First - it is always a red flag if you have to place a phone call to cancel anything. This means they are going to pitch their services and ignore your request to cancel until you get pissed off at them. 20 minutes later of constantly saying no no no no, I finally had to tell the woman to shut the F up and cancel my service now.

No one should have to go through that aggravation.

She specifically told me that I would be able to use the service through the end of the billing period which would be the last day of August and d**n if I didn't get charged again in September.

I called and spoke to a spectacularly unhelpful and borderline rude Dean, who informed me that the 'trial' period is NOT free and that your billing is for the month before, not the month coming up. I informed him that a trial by definition is assumed to be 'free' and no where on their website does it say it isn't and you are being billed for it. The woman who finally canceled my service initially did not say there would be another charge.

I filed a complaint with stamps.com and am going to file a complaint with USPS since they are directly affliated with them as a US stamps vendor and with the BBB.

Just a note - stamps.com is a great service for companies. I am not complaining about their service. My complaint is about the deceptive practices with their 'trial' period and the way they handle cancelation requests.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2014 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/stampscom/internet/stampscom-trial-trickery-internet-1181702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Stamps.com Response

AUTHOR: StampsComCorp - ()

Hi Lynda,

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry about the frustration caused when you called to cancel your Stamps.com service.  While our Customer Service reps will try to explain the benefits of the software, the entire cancellation process should not take longer than a maximum of 5 minutes on the phone.  From your comment, it sounds like our internal procedures were not followed and we would like to apologize to you for the frustration the call caused.  We record all calls for quality and would be very interested in researching these calls.

To clarify further, we offer a 4 week no risk trial so that you may use our online postage service and determine if the service fits your mailing and shipping needs.  Please note that we do not offer a "free trial" - our trial is labeled as "no risk trial."  You may cancel your Stamps.com account any time – There is no long-term agreement.  However, we do bill in arrears (pay for October services on October 31), so your last payment should be pro-rated based on where you are in your billing cycle.

We are sorry for any misunderstanding and would like to help with any unresolved issues.  Please email your information (name, phone number and email address) to social@stamps.com so we may further assist you.

Sincerely,

Divya

Stamps.com

AUTHOR: Lynda - ()

Stamps.com refunded the 'trial' charge of $15.99 which I appreciate. But my complaint about their practices stand.