Complaint Review: stanton optical

USA
  • Phone: (309) 713-2487
  • Web:
  • Category: Eye Care

stanton optical false advertising not upholding their word and descrimination peoria Illinois

It all started when my frames broke in the same place twice and they did not have another pair of frames to put my lenses in so the salesperson said you are out of luck buy another pair of glasses. Well my insurance was good for me to buy another pair of glasses and since the advertising said buy one get one free I said I will use my insurance to buy the one pair and you can replace the other. She said no way. I called headquarters and they agreed to make me a pair for the broken ones if I got an appointment and got my eyes examined. After the exam I picked out the 2 pair of frames and she said that will be $418. And I said that is not what we agreed upon.

She called headquarters and came back with me owing $180 and I said just give me the ones for the broken pair. I already lost $25 for an exam which was suppose to be free. I called headquarters after I left and spoke to a gentleman that said in his notes I was suppose to get 2 pairs for what the insurance paid and he would have the district manager call me. No one called so I had to call several times and when I got a hold of who I assumed was the district manager she said no there would be a charge on the second pair. I want to add I had been a customer for 4 years and that meant nothing.  Stanton is a big ripoff.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2014 07:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/stanton-optical/peoria-illinois-61614/stanton-optical-false-advertising-not-upholding-their-word-and-descrimination-peoria-illi-1129471. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content