Complaint Review: Star Realty Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, November 20, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, February 13, 2013
  • Reported By: jamaljones — thewoodlands Texas United States of America
  • Star Realty Inc.
    19627 Interstate 45 North, Suite 310
    Spring, Texas
    United States of America

Star Realty Inc. Larry Kallus Racist Comments about Black Renters Spring, Texas

*General Comment: Lots of Racism in Texas still..

I am in the process of renting a home. I found a home online and called to schedule the showing.

Larry Kallus was the agent who was doing the showing. While showing the property he made a comment about how the house was so cheap to rent because of all the black renters and how they turned the area into a Ghetto.

My wife is black and it took everything I had not to knock his teeth in right there.

I would advice people to find a different real estate company. They have racist employees, favor whites and from the looks of it, rent houses out in "the ghettos with all those blacks".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2012 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/star-realty-inc/spring-texas-77388/star-realty-inc-larry-kallus-racist-comments-about-black-renters-spring-texas-971869. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

Lots of Racism in Texas still..

AUTHOR: Jack - (United States of America)

Thanks for filing the report. You are in Texas. In one of those small, hobumpkin towns especially. Everyone knows there is a LOT of racism in Texas. Still. I am a black person. I have experienced it. One older white male decided to "compliment" me and told me "you speak well to be black". lol... I guess I should have been flattered but it was an insult.

I know MANY blacks who speak well. Very well. Many who are very articulate too. The thing is the media disproportionately shows the uneducated blacks and honestly they know more people will tune in when blacks are acting that way. Look at the YouTube videos. The YouTube videos showing blacks talking about starting businesses don't get as many views as the videos showing blacks in the Ghetto fighting, etc.

And unfortuately many of the people don't believe they are racist. They were raised to have those views. So those racist, bigoted views are normal to them. I appreciate you for putting this out in the public domain. It is very important to let others know about this type of behavior as well.