Complaint Review: Star Travel - Astar Travel

• Reported By: Winthrop Harbor Illinois
  • Star Travel - Astar Travel
    1155 Hammond Drive Suite C13
    Atlanta, Georgia

Astar Travel - Star Travel ripoff, Phone message from Santa saying I won 2 nights to Las Vegas or Orlando & online shopping spree! Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: They almost got me too

I just missed a phone call from "Santa"! You can imagine I was very surprised.

The message (in a woman's voice) said that I had "won a complimentary vacation for two to Las Vegas or Orlando and a $1000 online shopping spree, just in time for Christmas!"

Wow. For about three seconds I was excited... until I remembered what my father had always said, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." I had not registered for any special trips, despite their message indicating they had received my "entry".

It sounded like a scam so I did some checking and found I was right. Good job RipoffReport.com!! Thanks to your list of bad guys and the many good citizens that took time to quickly report their incidents, my suspicions were confirmed. "Astar Travel" or the messages sounds like it's said as "Star Travel", is a shady establishment. Consumers beware.

(Side note: I'm sure there are some reputable travel companies named Star Travel. I've listened to my message several times and the company name is said very fast. It seems intentional and I'm sure helpful for a crooked company to be mistaken for any honest ones that happen to have similar sounding names.)

Darcey
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2005 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/star-travel-astar-travel/atlanta-georgia-30328/astar-travel-star-travel-ripoff-phone-message-from-santa-saying-i-won-2-nights-to-las-v-167430. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

They almost got me too

AUTHOR: Mills - (United Kingdom)

i also received a call from someone from ASTAR TRAVEL telling us we won a holiday i did not believe him and would not give out my credit card number. i searched for compnay and found many reports on this and other sites about there illegal phone tactics.

i also see that this company us also ALL SEASONS TRAVEL AND RESORTS (A.S.T.A.R.)

i search this site for astar and all seasons travel and resorts and found many reports from people who been ripped off!!!!

thank you rip off reports for your great servce!!