Complaint Review: Star Vacation Club

San Diego, California
  • Phone: 800-654-4992
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Star Vacation Club - Star Club - Thevacationclub - Chuck Keiper Beware of this company. Their telemarketing firm lied to me & their Del Mar office is a freakshow. When I reported the telemarketer to their Corp headquarters (after multiple calls), I was sent into a black hole. It's been a longtime since I've gotten such a rude runaround, ripoff Del Mar California

Beware of this company. Their telemarketing firm lied to me and gave me incorrect times to arrive to pick up my 1 out of 5 "for sure" prizes. I asked very clear & direct questions about arrival time & duration because I was already suspicious. The guy (Mr. Wright at 800-779-9962 x8063) gave me the wrong time and duration. After sitting in standstill traffic, I arrived late and was able to get into the secured building to be treated VERY rudely by their staff. The person in charge said that the telemarketer gave me the wrong info and it had nothing to do with them.

When I asked how this was possible when they contracted with these people, she got even more rude. I got a business card and asked for the manager's name. Again, rude response. When I called corp and reported all this (after multiple attempts to get through) I was again given the runaround but finally got someone to take my info and requested Chuck Keiper, the manager at the Del Mar Star Vacation Club site (800.654.4992), call me as well as, a manager from corp. NEVER HEARD A WORD.

To compound the issue, their telemarketing people called me 2 more times to remind me to pick up my prize. I even called Mr. Wright at 800-779-9962 x8063 the next day and asked the times & duration and he gave me the same erroneous info. I actually corrected him and he took a "note". Good thing for those recorded calls, huh?

What would an actual membership be like? Shudder.

John
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2007 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/star-vacation-club/san-diego-california-92130/star-vacation-club-star-club-thevacationclub-chuck-keiper-beware-of-this-company-th-252249. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content