Complaint Review: State Of Michigan Friend Of The Court

• Updated: Mon, July 13, 2009
  • Reported By: West Branch Michigan
    State Of Michigan
    Lansing, Michigan

State Of Michigan Friend Of The Court Medical Expenses are now a loan? Lansing Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: When you sign up for State Aide

I recently discovered something very disturbing regarding the State of Michigan child support payment system. My ex husband (the payee) and I have 3 minor children in which I am the custodial parent. According to the states "child support formula", his child support is based at $248.00 per month. Recently, I started receiving sporadic payments of $95.00 per month from the Michigan Disbursement Unit, who allocates child support payments. My ex husband has a withholding order and his full payment is taken out of his check every week at the amount of $248.00 per month.

I called the local Friend of the Court office to inquire about this situation. And I was told that the money that he was paying was going to cover medical expenses incurred during the birth of our children, as I received Medicaid, or state insurance at the time of their births. My children are 15, 10, and 6, and my ex husband and I were married at the time of their births.

When I had applied for Medicaid, no where in the application booklet did it state that they would cover the cost of medical expenses incurred, but AS A LOAN. And because of this non explained loan, I am now forced to raise 3 children with only $95.00 a month in child support because our state is in such dire financial straits that they have to steal money from my children.

Rachel
West Branch, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2009 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/state-of-michigan-friend-of-the-court/lansing-michigan/state-of-michigan-friend-of-the-court-medical-expenses-are-now-a-loan-lansing-michigan-461790. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

When you sign up for State Aide

AUTHOR: S - (U.S.A.)

When you sign up for State Aide, you sign a statement requesting iv-d services; which are the services of the Friend of the Court.

So if Friend of the Court is involved, then they will collect support and amount due to the state.