Complaint Review: Steelmaster

Internet
    United States of America

Steelmaster Jim panckiewtz Wrong building no refund and price gouging. Internet

*Consumer Comment: BUYER BEWARE

I purchased a 60by 40 by 16 steel building on december of 2011 from steelmaster buildings the sales man sent me several pictures of buildings,and informed me he had a building on sale that met my needs.when my plans showed up it was not what i thought it was being only 16 feet at center.

i contacted them about it jim pankiwietz told me that i could not have a refund of my moneys and not have the building i thought i was getting with out paying more.I later asked him if i could get a building for the 5000 dollars i put down.he then sent me a quote of 9500 dollars for a 20 /30/14.i contacted two other companys that had the same size and imenities wanting between 5 &6 thousand $.would like a refund and would settle for a reasonable competitive price on the building.i have been misinformed and now im being price gouged.beware steel master.its more like master rippoff.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2012 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/steelmaster/internet/steelmaster-jim-panckiewtz-wrong-building-no-refund-and-price-gouging-internet-871380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

BUYER BEWARE

AUTHOR: unhappy camper - ()

!!!BUYER BEWARE!!!

These are quonset style buildings. Many counties across the U.S., and most home owner's associations will not allow you to erect this type of building on your property.

Be VERY certain that you will be allowed to erect one of these buildings BEFORE giving this company any money or signing their contract because they will not give you a dime of it back.

Since losing nearly $3,500 of my money this way, I've read other reviews online from others who have also lost money.

Yes. I signed a contract that said that the downpayment was not refundable. I am at fault for my own stupid decision.

Just don't let yourself be pressured into signing a contract to "lock in your price" before you have authorization in hand to erect the building, because this company will afford you no sympathy and will cut you no slack.