Complaint Review: Sterling Insurance

• Sterling Insurance
    306 Cabot St
    beverly, Massachusetts
    USA

Sterling Insurance Paige Nichols Liz Cahill Rick Mooney Defrauded Customer by Lying about Insurance Policy Rates, Refusing to Provide Actual Rate Beverly Massachusetts

I purchased a car insurance policy from Sterling Insurance. Initially this policy was to cover one car. After having the policy for a few months, I purchased an additional car which I needed to add to the policy. Having checked online on the Commerce Insurance website I found that the rate should be roughly $350 per month for the coverage I wanted. I asked my boyfriend to speak with my Commerce Insurance agent, Sterling Insurance in order to add the second vehicle to my policy.

When going over the coverage I wished to purchase which was the Exact same as the coverage for which I received a quote for on the Commerce Insurance website, the agent Paige Nichols at Sterling Insurance stated to my boyfriend in my presence of this phone conversation that she could not provide a quote for coverage. When told the amount of the quote that was received on the Commerce Insurance website she stated that the actual amount may vary slightly but that any variance would be minimal as the coverage purchased was the same as the coverage I received a quote for online. He was then told to call back in a few days after purchasing the coverage, and that at that time he would be supplied with the rate for the coverage. When he did call back one week later, he was told that the rate was unavailable and to wait for the bill to come from Commerce Insurance in the mail.

When the bill arrived several weeks later, the charge was for over $600 as opposed to roughly $350 as quoted online. When calling and speaking with Commerce Insurance directly to inquire about this, they stated that the online quote should be accurate. They also stated that the agents can look up quotes on their internal system, and provide quotes immediately. To state otherwise in the words of the Commerce representative was simply a lie. Immediately after this conversation Sterling Insurance was contacted, and informed of this. To date they have refused to provide any explanation. I have since switched to Liberty Mutual and have purchased substantially better coverage for both vehicles for under $350 per month.

Sterling Insurance, and their agent Paige Nichols are a dishonest company, and by these actions are in clear breach of Massachusetts Law. A complaint has been filed with the state Attorney Generals office, and a civil suit will follow under Massachusetts General Laws chapter 93A covering Unfair and Deceptive Business Practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2013 07:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sterling-insurance/beverly-massachusetts-01915/sterling-insurance-paige-nichols-liz-cahill-rick-mooney-defrauded-customer-by-lying-abo-1054228. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content