Complaint Review: Steve's Auto Glass

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    USA

Steve's Auto Glass is a SCAM! Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Reconstructed Vehicle

Steve's Auto Glass charges extremely high prices for vastly inferior products and services, and is rude to boot. Do NOT believe their rave reviews which are posted all over the Web! The dishonest owners of Steve s Auto Glass posted them. As proof of this, visit their reviews pages at the websites of YahooLocal, Insiderpages, and Google. Note that a strangely large number of positive reviews were posted within a few days of each other in July and August, 2011. There were almost no reviews before nor since, except mainly very negative ones. Also, all of the positive reviews have similar grammatical patterns, give the same faux praise, were the lone reviews posted by the users, and seem more like advertisements than actual consumer reviews. Those facts suggest that one person (the owner?) wrote all of them. Read the REAL one star reviews which were posted by REAL customers about this REAL ripoff, Steve's Auto Glass. [continued below]....

..... I am an actual customer who has had EXTREMELY negative experiences with Steve's Auto Glass. Certain of my neighbors have had similarly bad encounters with Steve's Auto Glass. Steve's products and services are extremely expensive (retail on steroids), they do substandard work, and they are rude to boot. Avoid Steve's Auto Glass unless you want to be cheated and inconvenienced! To follow is one of several genuine reviews posted at another consumer site:

Scammed and wet – I went in to have a windshield replaced. I was there for four hours. Two weeks later, when it finally decided to rain, my passenger side was water logged. I called Steve's; they told me to come back sothey could check the seal. The next day, of course it rained and the car was soaked! So I brought it back to be checked but the owner blamed my sunroof as the problem! When I told him the car was in perfect condition until I had them replace my windshield, he threatened to charge me for an hour-and-a-half of labor because he had to recheck the problem! I had this car for four months and have been in heavy downpours before,yet my car has NEVER flooded. The seals where not properly attached to the car, there are gaps everywhere, and the chemical they use is smeared on both sides of my car due to carelessness. The owner and his "woman" are rude, inconsiderate con artists. They say they stand by their work but when you bring your car back they do not take responsibility for their shoddy work and give you a huge additude. DO NOT GO TO THIS SHOP!!!! The good reviews are B.S.! Whoever you guys are, you must be out of your minds........this shop is ghetto!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2013 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/steves-auto-glass/philadelphia-pennsylvania-19116/steves-auto-glass-is-a-scam-philadelphia-pennsylvania-1090978. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Reconstructed Vehicle

AUTHOR: Steve's Auto glass - (USA)

Steve.s Auto Glass at the time of this unfortunate problem has been in business

for approximately 37 years and 32 at our present location . I also grew up in this

neighborhood and we are still in business . Steve'S Auto Glass has a great

reputation . There are times that it's impossible to please everyone , but we try.

This particular vehicle has a reconstructed title , that means the vehicle was badly

damaged and then reconstructed and is noted on the title. We replaced the

windshield in his car he called after it rained saying his windshield is leaking

We asked him to bring it back , when he brought the car back we water tested

it first and found that his sun roof was leaking from the sun roof drain tube we

only replaced his windshield I showed the customer by water testing it in front

of him exactly the spot that it was leaking . He still could not understand it we

also showed his friend that was with him .

Steve