Complaint Review: Stone Giant Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, May 29, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, May 29, 2013
  • Reported By: SomeGuy — Orlando Florida
  • Stone Giant Inc.
    3036 Kananwood Ct
    Oviedo, Florida
    USA

Stone Giant Inc. Beautiful cabinets and countertops..lousey install and customer service Oviedo Florida

Stone Giant did some work at my house.  They gave me the price I wanted, but the quality of the work performed was bad.  They rushed the install and made mistakes.  The upper and lower cabinets are off center.  There needed to be a spacer inside, but instead of spacing it evenly, they put it all to one side.  They also insisted on installing in one day.  There were wires that needed to be deadened.  Instead of stopping and letting me have an electrician come out, they driled holes in my brand new cabinets and let the live wires poke through.  They also didn't drill the hole right for my faucet, and my plumber had to turn it sideways to get it to work without hitting the window sill.

I brought all of this to their attention and they said tough.  Their position was that they gave me a good deal on the job so I should just shut up.  I paid them approx $4500.  That is no chump change.  When I withheld the final payment of $350, they threatened to put a lien on my house.  I filed a report with BBB, but thought this might be of use as well.  Hope this saves someone some of the pain I went through.

Mitchell Arlan Gordon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2013 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/stone-giant-inc/oviedo-florida-32765/stone-giant-inc-beautiful-cabinets-and-countertopslousey-install-and-customer-service-1054857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content