Complaint Review: Stores.Com & Palomar Associates

• Reported By: Mary — Salina Kansas United States of America
  • Stores.Com & Palomar Associates

Internet
    United States of America

Stores.Com & Palomar Associates Harrassed and Sick-of-it --Two Ineffectal Companies (Jail and Fines Too Good! , Internet

About six or seven years ago a friend (at the time) was staying at my house while I was in the hospital. She received a flyer in my mailbox and thought this was a legitimate way to learn how to use the computer and signed up unknown to me and since she had paid for the opportunity she pleaded with me to go to the session with her.  Half way through, she found it was not what she thought it  would be and left the seminar presentation while I was in the restroom and never came back and since I didn't have transportation I stayed.

I was leery of all their promises and the price to buy their product was prohibitive.  While I waited for her to come pick me up, three of their employees stood over me while I was protesting their operation and advised them I wasn't interested, was too ill to deal with it, and outright couldn't afforrd it.  They were very domineering and stood over me, putting  excessive pressure on me and insisted they could get me financing, etc. I kept repeating I couldn't afford it and personally thought it was a rip-off (their promises too good to be believed.  However to get home and go to bed I finally agreed with the expectation that my friend would assist me in paying (which she refused to do).

Within about a month, I returned their whole unopened and never used product by certified letter and have a friend who can confirm this.  They said I had signed a contract and refused to drop the matter.  For over 5 years, these crooked, dishonest folks at Stores.com and their collection agency has been hounding me by daily phone calls--luckily I have recognized their number and let my answering machine take their message--I then go home and delete it.

As of 5 or 6 years later, Palomar Associates are offering to settle my account #3000GE80 for $5,315.21 on what they say I owe $10,630.42. Well, I am not paying these croooks .05 much less $5,000--they can sue, but will get nothing as I am bankrupt though I haven't filed.  GOOD LUCK DEADBEATERS. I pay my honest bills and yours is not one of them.  GO TO THE DEVIL! And STOP CALLING ME DAILY or I will take action.  Angered Mary

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2013 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/storescom-palomar-associates/internet/storescom-palomar-associates-harrassed-and-sick-of-it-two-ineffectal-companies-jail-1021717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content