Complaint Review: StoresOnline

• Reported By: Walnut Creek California
  • StoresOnline
    754 E Technology Ave
    Orem, Utah

I purchased six sites yesterday in Concord California. I decided I did not wish to do business with SOL after I researched SOL and saw some of the complaints on it.

I was led to believe the company was a reputable company but I found it had changed names several times. I feel all of this is deceptive business practice.

The product CD never worked correctly and the so called proprietary info. on the site was available anywhere for free.

I spoke with a representative of SOL and he told me I could not have a refund as I had signed all right to refund away.

I spoke with my credit card company and have told them why I want to dispute this charge. I tried to get a refund to my credit card of the full amount under the FTC 3 day cooling of period and am still fighting it.

I do not think I will be able to cancel through Visa.
I have contacted the FTC and California Attorneys office in regard to this issue.

Washington state just posted a Cease & Desist against StoresOnline. Here is link: http://www.dfi.wa.gov/sd/S-03-010-03-TO01.pdf

For those of you from California please contact the California Attorney General. The form is at: http://caag.state.ca.us/contact/index.htm . I encourage everyone to contact there Attorney Generals and Kent Nelson at the Utah Division of Consumer Protection as he is preparing a case against them, so please contact him quickly.

Do something or just resign yourself to being ripped off. These people need to be stopped.

Kent - Utah Investigator

Taylorsville, Utah 84123-5322
FAX# (801) 892-6002

Murph
Concord, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2003 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/storesonline/orem-utah-84097-6204/galaxy-mall-galaxy-enterprises-storesonlinecom-imergent-inc-consumer-rip-off-fraud-mis-57951. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

THank YOU CHUCK FINNEY!!

AUTHOR: Robin - (U.S.A.)

THis is too good to be true, but I'm emailing him and calling today.
Would folks in otther staes contact their respective DA's Office?
I'm posting the info about Chuck on a few sites where people actually cotacted me about their own Galaxy Misfortune.
Thank You!! Thank You!!

Anyone From California Please Read ..Please Contact Chuck Finney Deputy District Attorney for San Mateo County.

AUTHOR: Kev - (U.S.A.)

Please Contact Chuck Finney Deputy District Attorney for San Mateo County.

Chuck has told me to have anyone who has been ripped of by SOL to contact him as he is working with SOL's lawyers on a settlement for CA customers.

Chuck's email is:
CFINNEY@co.sanmateo.ca.us

HIs Message:
I am a Deputy District Attorney for the San Mateo Co. District Attorney's
> Office, Consumer Protection Unit. I have been investigating StoresOnline
> for a number of months and am in the process of working on an agreed
> judgment with its attorney to return money to purchasers.
I will include you in my negotiations for refunds to purchasers
> if you would like me to. There will be no charge to you since my office is
> a government office. If you would like more information, please call be at
> (650) 363-4097.
> CFINNEY@co.sanmateo.ca.us

#3 Consumer Suggestion

California Cosumers check this

AUTHOR: Robin - (U.S.A.)

You can check the laws in your own state!
These guys have broken the law!!