I purchased a Straight Talk phone from the Walmart website. Store inventory was almost nothing. I needed the phone for my wife as an interim phone while changing cell phone companies.
1) After spending 90 minutes on the phone with a Straight Talk rep it was determined that the phone wouldn't activate because it was broke. Told me to take it back to Walmart.
2) Drive to Walmart, wait in 15 minutes line, they said that they couldn't take it back because it was ordered online and they didn't have a replacement. Plus they couldn't account for the 1,000 minutes that came with it. So that's another 30 minutes wasted.
3) Go home, call Straight Talk, they make me spend another 40+ minutes on the phone doing what the first rep did all over again. Troubleshooting failed. Sending another phone. Must wait another week. So far almost 3 hours wasted on this phone.
4) Empty box arrives. Send phone back. Replacement phone arrives. Call to get activated. minutes reset, time frame reset for another 30+ minutes with a new rep. Okay. It's working. For 1 day. Get zero minutes available notice the next day.
5) Call Straight Talk again. Another 30+ minutes on the phone with a smart a*s rep. Every minute he would repeat "Please hold, I'm reviewing your case". I hadn't even got to state my case yet. Then he wanted to verify my identity. I answered every question except my birth date. That's none of his business. He said that he could not help me and disconnected me.
Unbelievable. A waste of $40 cash. A waste of 4 hours. I have no phone and no more patience. This company, along with Walmart, should just go away. They have no respect for their customers. Or just for a single customer. When it comes to one customer, or a small group of customers, that are unhappy or disgusted -- they simple don't care.