Complaint Review: Strayer University

• Strayer University
    100 Mansell Ct E #100,
    Roswell, GA , Florida
    USA

Strayer University Stolen for a United Stated Veteran...took my benefits and federal student loan Roswell, GA Georgia Florida

I was attending Strayer University.  I decided to go back to college this year. However, I wanted to know if I had any VA educational benfits left.  I was told yes, I have benefits left from the VA.  However, Strayer told me when in my last two years attending between 2007-2012 that I did not have any benefits.   The VA told me they gave the school over $25,000 toward my education.  They never applied that money to the degree.  I requested an audit of the report from Strayer University.  Strayer took out excessive amount of loans on my thru the Department of Education.  They also stated that they gave the $30,000 in refund checks in February of 2011.  I did not receved any checks.  The Business said he does not know if they had given me paper checks or direct deposit for  the time period. They reported to the Department of Education, that I owed $60,000 in loans.  It doesn't make since they say that the classes was $1450 or $1665 when I was attending, I only took 38 classes because, I transferred out once to take course at another college.

The math is not right.  If I paid for 40 class at 1665 the total would be 66,600, however why wasn't the $25,000 from VA  applied. I also got over $2000 in Pell, that was not applied.  I paid over $3,000 out of pocket cost myself.  However, the audit showed they had excessive amounts government loan, va money and personal money being given to them. Why are they ripping off our Veterans.

I am requestiing for the return of the Va benefit, Sallie Mae/Navient fund be returned, refund all the money I paid to Sallie Mae and to Strayer University.   I would also like them to pay for the an education degree from the school of my choice in a BA and MA.

I hope that I can help someone else stop from getting ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2017 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/strayer-university/roswell-ga-florida-30076/strayer-university-stolen-for-a-united-stated-veterantook-my-benefits-and-federal-stud-1394956. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content