Complaint Review: StudioSuits.com

• Reported By: Miguel — Pennsylvania USA
  • StudioSuits.com

Nationwide
    India

StudioSuits.com Studio Suits Poor quality, wrong size, poor customer service, altogether dishonest Mumbai

According to their website, "StudioSuits, is a traditional tailoring workshop where we use more of hand techniques to make custom clothing. Our team of skilled masters and craftsmen are involved in the process from start to end."

The reality is something very different.

I ordered a custom made jacket from them in size 40. I received a poorly made off the rack jacket in size 46. The size of the item I received was not a guess. It had a label sewn into it that read "46". Obviously, it was a terrible fit.

When I contacted Studio Suits about it, they requested that I return the jacket to them at my own cost so they could "remake the jacket as per the selected size". Considering the error was not mine and the fact that the item was plainly not custom made, as their site promised, I insisted that they pay for return shipping and refund my money. I did not want another off the rack jacket from them, since I had ordered a custom made jacket. [continued below]....

.....

After several rounds back and forth via email about this, which included me sending them photos of the item clearly showing the fact that it was six sizes too large and poorly made, I made mention of possibly contacting the U.S. Attorney General about their fraudulent business practices.

The next email I got from them promised a refund for the jacket once I mailed it back to them...still at my cost.

I relented and shipped the item back to them at my cost. USPS tracking showed the item arrived at their facility on December 20, 2015 at 1:57 pm.

I contacted them again about the refund. From December 20, 2015 to December 29, 2015 they claimed not to have received the jacket. On December 30, 2015 I filed a dispute with my credit card company, laying out all this information.

On January 4, 2016, no doubt in response to the dispute, they suddenly changed their tune and issued me a refund...still minus the cost I incurred shipping the jacket back to them.

It was a long process to get satisfaction and therefore I do not recommend ordering anything from this merchant. Their quality is poor and they engage in deceptive business practices, i.e. representing off the rack clothing as custom made. Steer clear. Do not be tempted by the prices. You get what you pay for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2016 08:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/studiosuitscom/nationwide/studiosuitscom-studio-suits-poor-quality-wrong-size-poor-customer-service-altogether-1285279. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content