Complaint Review: Subway Sandwich Shop

• Reported By: Frisco City Alabama
  • Subway Sandwich Shop
    429 Pike Street
    Monroeville, Alabama

I have been a Subway customer for years, but no longer. First, it is one of the most disgusting places I've seen; they don't clean anything. They are always out of stuff, napkins, straws, dressing, turkey, mayo, etc. and don't apologize for it.

You must endure a store full of black teenagers, sloppily dressed, talking on the phone and yelling across the store at all their friends while dancing to loud rap music. You must endure the nasty lyrics and the abusive langage from the employees and their guests.

They screw up every order, stale bread and you will never get more than 5 small pieces of pepper or olive on a footlong. No one can make change. I've put up with it long enough. No more. I don't appreciate the lack of service or the food and I better quit before I get food poisoning which is a strong possibility at that place.

Theresa
Frisco City, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2003 04:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/subway-sandwich-shop/monroeville-alabama-36460/subway-sandwich-shop-rip-off-monroeville-alabama-44452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Don't condem them all

AUTHOR: Kathleen - (U.S.A.)

As a former employee of Subway Stores I would like to take issue with some comments made in the original post. Subway instructs the employee to make a sandwich by thier standards and it actually dictates the number of olives, peppers, tomatoes, pickles, etc. that should be placed on each sandwich.

The sandwich described has been made according to this standard. As for the stale bread I would suggest this was a spcific issue with this particular location as we actually threw away bread that was not fresh rather than to serve it to customers in the store I worked in.

As far as screwing up every order that is very unlikely as each sandwich is made to order with the customer right there. Perhaps Theresa you should have contacted the manager about the disruptive customers in the store. Seems to me that this is an isolated incident in a store that needs a new manager!

The store I worked for was always clean, well stocked, fresh and got excellent reviews from customers. All of the Subway stores I have eaten in since have been on the same level.

Don't be unfair!

AUTHOR: B. - (U.S.A.)

Maybe the ONE Subway you've eaten at is disgusting and is not cleaned properly but I can tell you that not ALL Subways are like that. You can't bash ALL stores because one isn't up to par. I've been to about 30 different Subways and most of them are awesome, with awesome service and everything is always fresh, stocked, and clean.

Be fair and educated when you file a complaint. Thank you.