Report: #194199

• Reported By: REDLANDS California
  • Subway Sandwich
    17521 E. Lugonia Ave #123
    Redlands, California

I ORDERED A MEATBALL SANDWICH AT THE REDLANDS SUBWAY ON 5/31/06 AT APPROX.3:28PM THE MEATBALLS IN THE SANWICH WHEN I BIT IN THE SANDWICH WERE HARD LIKE A ROCK AND HAD AN OLD BURN'T FLAVOR LIKE AN OLD PIECE OF CHARCOAL.

I IMMEDIATELY REPORTED IT TO THE FEMALE WORKER WHO CLAIMED TO BE THE MANAGER. SHE SAID "OH, WHEN I SHOWED HER AND ASKED IF I WANTED ANOTHER ONE." I TOLD HER ABSOLUTELY NOT ANOTHER OLD MEATBALL SANDWICH.

MY WIFE WAS WITH ME AND SHE WAS APPAULED. I ASKED THE MANAGER TO REMOVE THE MEATBALLS OF THE LINE AND THEY DID NOT.

LATER, WHILE I WAS AT HOME I GOT SICK AND HAD A BAD CASE OF DIARRHEA THAT NIGHT. MY TOOTH IN THE TOP OF MY MOUTH ALSO IS IN PAIN FROM BITING THE CHARCOALED MEATBALL.

I REALLY THOUGHT SUBWAY HAD BETTER QUALITY CONTROL AND I GUESS I WAS WRONG. I WISH I HAD SOME RECOURSE DUE TO THEIR NONCHALANT ATTITUDE AND THEY REALLY DID NOT CARE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO ME WITH THERE HORRIBLE SANDWICH.

Matthew
REDLANDS, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2006 01:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/subway-sandwich/redlands-california-92374/subway-i-was-ripped-off-by-being-made-a-hard-burnt-meatball-sandwich-redlands-california-194199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
7Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Health Department?

AUTHOR: Rick - (U.S.A.)

Does the town of Redlands have a Health Department? If it was that detrimental to your health, are you concerned for me if I eat there? This can be reported to the Health Department if there is any validity to your experience.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Don't eat charcoal like substances

AUTHOR: Kelly - (U.S.A.)

I don't see it possible that someone would eat a burnt harden meatball. If you ate that, you did it while it was hurting your tooth, you must have been some kind of starving. I suspect if you were able to eat it, you may be exggarating the condition of the meatball. I would advise to not eat any item that is hard as a rock and taste like a burnt charcoal.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Did you eat it?

AUTHOR: Christine - (U.S.A.)

I've never heard of someone getting sick from just biting into a food item. In order to get sick from it, you would have had to ingest more than a single bite. And if you continued eating enough of it to get sick, why?

AUTHOR: D - (U.S.A.)

What happened when you got in touch with either district manager or even the owner of that franchise? And if you didn't get in touch with them, why not? I look forward to your response.