Complaint Review: Subway Sandwiches & Salads

• Phone: 404-763-0070
  • Web:
  • Category: Deli's

Subway Sandwiches & Salads Subway stole my money! Hapeville, Georgia

*Author of original report: Do not judge, Susan!

*Consumer Comment: Really?

I went to the Subway on 519 Central Avenue in Hapeville for lunch on May 13, 2011.  I purchased two 6 inche orchard chicken salad sandwiches.

It totaled to $7.49.  I gave the cashier $20.00.  He only gave me $2.51 and no receipt.

When I noticed the amount he gave me, I knew something was wrong and asked him, "didn't I give you $20?"  He held up a $10 bill and said "you give me this."

I asked him this because when I arrived at Subway, I had just left a stressful situation.  Given this, my mind wasn't fully aware of how much I gave him, but I believed to have given him a $20.00 because I did glance at the bill prior to giving it to him.

And I was right.  When I returned to my residence, this was confirmed.  The person who gave me the money said that it was $20.00.

I believe that the cashier knew this and chose to keep the money rather than give me the change that was due to me - which was the $10 he held up and claimed I gave him.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2011 12:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/subway-sandwiches-salads/hapeville-georgia-30354/subway-sandwiches-salads-subway-stole-my-money-hapeville-georgia-728964. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Do not judge, Susan!

AUTHOR: The Informant - (USA)

Susan, unless you're God, which you most certainly ARE NOT, do not judge this situation.  You should know how stress can have a person so out of it that they make mistakes.  I'm sure you're old enough to know this.  I could easily say that you'd probably take your $20 and spend it on crack cocaine, but I won't because I don't know you.

So get off your "almighty high horse" and stop judging people.  Because when you judge people, people will judge you too.  And by the way, this isn't judging, but you need to learn how to spell; you misspelled "blame."  Maybe you were stress from judging, so stop judging and watch your spelling.

Really?

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

You don't know if you paid with a $10 or $20 but blaim Subway because checking later, someone said they gave you a $20. REALLY?  If someone gave me money I sure are heck would know the amount and I wouldn't spend it on fast food.