Complaint Review: Summit Protection Plan

USA
  • Phone: 1-866-652-4036
  • Web:
  • Category: Fishing

Summit Protection Plan Summit and Overton's Protection Plan Purchsaed touted plan at Gander Mountain and have got nothing but run around for over 2 month's Bedford Nationwide, Texas

The Gander Mountain store clerk suggested a no question ask accidental damage replacement policy for a new fishig pole I was purchasing. It seemed like a good deal so I bought it. The first weekend the pole got smashed in the van door so I called to file a claim, 6/6 and I was told that the UPC didn't "come up" in their system and they would have to submit a manual registration form. They ask me to call back in a coupe days. I did, they told me it wasn't in Gander Mountain's system and it would take 3-5 days. So I called Gander Mountain and the store manager confirmed it was in their system. I also googled the UPC and it was in almost all major retailer's systems!

On 6/14 I called back for the third time, the rep said they were still waiting for manual UPC addition. On 6/17 the rep ran me back through all the information they require but still had no answers versus my claim. On 6/22 I called again, similar conversation, so I ask to speak with a manager and was put on a long hold. The rep came back and apologized but there was no progress and I never did get to speak with a manager. She told me she would get back to me with an update when available.

After waiting a few weeks I called back 7/6 and the customer rep ask me to email him a copy of the recpt and I did, copied him and "contract inquiries". About ten days later the contracr inquiry dept ask me for full name and address associated with claim and I replied accordingly.

Having not heard anything by 8/8 I called back, this time the rep said she was able to pull the item up and she was going to see if she could get it registered. Then she said the system still wouldn't accetp UPC so she was going to email her supervisor. Then she told me there was a problem with the corespondence from Gander Mountain and that it showed as a repair plan, not a repalcement plan. However the receipt is clearly the right price and description for the replacement plan I purchased. Again I ask to speak to a supervisor, she came back after a long hold, but evidently no sipervisor was available.

At this point they've wasted over two month's of my warranty period (and won't extend) and I've missed most of the fishing season with my new saltwater combo. To me this appears to be nothing more than a runaround to delay in making the payment due me. I still have hope in them eventually making good, but can't recommend their service and will never purchase their product again and just wanted to pass that along to as many folks as possible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2017 06:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/summit-protection-plan/nationwide/summit-protection-plan-summit-and-overtons-protection-plan-purchsaed-touted-plan-at-gand-1391159. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content