Complaint Review: Sun Country Airlines

• Sun Country Airlines
    1300 Mendota Heights Rd.Mendota Heights, MN 55120
    Mendota Heights, Minnesota
    United States of America

Sun Country Airlines WILL NEVER FLY WITH SUN COUNTRY AIR LINES....BAD SERVICE! RIPOFF Mendota Heights, Minnesota

Sun Country airline: On Feb 11th  I had a flight from Minneapolis to Washington Reagan (Flight 265) we made a stop in Lancaster MI to pick up a few ppl. When the flight attendant asked us to get off the plane due to bad weather we couldnt go on. We were then on hold at gate 9 for over 6 hours, Every hour we would be told that well find out in another hour. After 6 full hours of giving us false hopes. Even at one point they had us line up to board, just to be told ooops sorrydont kill me but one more hour.

Finally they tell us that they dont have any room to land in DCA due to heavy traffic and that we would need to be rescheduled for tomorrow.

After going back to get a new ticket, Im thinking they will provide us with a hotel and accommodations since this wasnt due to bad weather. (DC had no bad weather and neither did MI) The problem was that there was bad weather 2 days prior in the east coast and all the planes were coming into DCA at one time. Which is not my problem. And no one appreciated being lied to just that they dont pay for our hotel.

When I asked the manager what was I to do for the night (didnt know where I wasor where to go) he replied: Thats for you to figure out. With no care in the world.

Had this been DELTA, OR UNITED, They would have made sure we were good for the night. They did hand me a list of 1800s from Sun county airlines hotel discount # each # I called would say. Sorry Im not showing any availability in that area please call back in 30 mins.

After trying this for 2 hours, I finally found a hotel for 89.00 a night with a cab fair or 30 each way. Plus foodcoasted me 250.00 for something that was their poor planning. I want to get reimbursed for this. I had to borrow money to pay for it. I will never travel with them again. Ive been trying to reach to speak to someoneno one is able to help me out. This is poor service. This is an airline that didnt plan their timing and b/c of it I had to miss work for a day, and find my own way in an unfamiliar place.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2013 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sun-country-airlines/mendota-heights-minnesota-55120/sun-country-airlines-will-never-fly-with-sun-country-air-linesbad-service-ripoff-m-1015335. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content