Complaint Review:

• Updated: Mon, February 06, 2012

• Reported By: MilitaryWife0428 — Brookfield Illinois United States of America
Sundance Vacations
3000 Finley Rd Downers Grove, Illinois United States of America

Sundance Vacations TAN (Travel Advantage Network) DISHONEST ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE BUYING FROM THEM!! Downers Grove, Illinois

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

My fiance and I went in to Sundance to claim the "free cruise tickets" we had won at a bridal show I had attended in 2011.  The packages they offered sounded amazing but completely out of our price range.  After repeatedly saying no, they brought our price down to a 100 deposit and 98 dollars a month for 13 vacations (a so called active duty military discount).  This sounded great, we were told that as long as we gave at least 90 days notice before our vacation, all we would have to pay is the $99 unit per week fee to take our vacation unless WE WANTED upgrades.

The Sundance Vacations contract states that included in your package are accomodations for 1 bedroom units and that upgrades to 2 or 3 bedrooms are available with extra cost.  Only to find out later that many Destinations ONLY HAVE 2 BEDROOM ACCOMMODATIONS (thus forcing an upgrade). GOTCHA!! That is only the first catch! They also fail to tell you that 75% of the year is "peak season" which again requires another $200 on top of your "upgrades." Once all is said and done your looking at spending AT LEAST $330 just to book your trip, not the $99 as previously promised.  OH YA! Dont forget about the $369 a year they charge to be a part of this "vacation club."

DUE TO MISREPRESENTATION, I WANT MY CONTRACT CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY!

If my contract is not cancelled and a full refund issued not only will I be contacting the Attorney General Consumer Protection Office but also will contact my local newspapers so they can warn IL residents about what a scam this company is and the lies you tell as well as the Bridal Show where I saw your booths at last year and any other place I can think of where they will be targeting unsuspecting families this summer.  Beware of this money hungry company! All they want is your  hard earned cash.  They don't care about the people they take it from.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2012 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sundance-vacations/downers-grove-illinois-60515/sundance-vacations-tan-travel-advantage-network-dishonest-about-what-you-are-buying-from-834584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sundance Vacations