Complaint Review: Sunny Days Bikes

• Sunny Days Bikes
    5311 E County Hwy 30A
    Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
    USA

Sunny Days Bikes Double Billed and Refund Request Denied Santa Rosa Beach Florida

We rented 3 bicycles and a tag-a-long from Sunny Days Bikes during our August 2016 vacation to Santa Rosa Beach (30A) Florida.  We were charged $214.00 for the bikes and tag-a-longs.

In December of 2016, I was doing my annual review of credit card statements and noticed that I was charged twice by Sunny Days: once on 8/5/16 for $214.00 and again on 8/12/16 for $214.00.  Effectively, I was double billed.

I attempted to contact Sunny Days by both phone and email.  I waited a week and neither communication received a response.  I opened a dispute with my credit card company.  Here is the response I received:

We have made every attempt to resolve your dispute with the merchant. They
are unwilling to issue a credit to your account. While we can understand
your desire to obtain a credit to your account, we cannot mandate that the
merchant issue a credit outside of their terms and conditions. [continued below]....

..... Therefore,
we have no recourse available to recover the funds. However, if you wish to
pursue this matter, you may contact the merchant directly to resolve.

I should have caught this earlier but Sunny Days refusing to refund my money is unbelievable!

I will certainly be using another company for my bike rentals next time I am in 30A.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2017 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sunny-days-bikes/santa-rosa-beach-florida-32459/sunny-days-bikes-double-billed-and-refund-request-denied-santa-rosa-beach-florida-1353351. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content