Complaint Review: Sunset Escapes

• Reported By: Bette Hopkins — scituate Rhode Island USA
  • Sunset Escapes

Internet
    USA

Sunset Escapes Sunset Escape Resorts Told me the reports on-line was another company, not theirs. WHich was a lie. Once I tried to cancel I was told I was not allowed, despite being in the 30 day window. Internet

I purchased a travel package after I was called by someone telling me a previous package had expired.

While on the telephoe, I looked up the company and informed the person informed me that was " not them, it was another company with a similar name."

I went ahead to purchase the package, shame on me.  I made a reservation that day but insteas of the 4 day/3 nights, it was only 3 day/2night.  The gift certificates also came in my inbox and they expire within a month.  The retaurant gift card was actually a club you had to join and receive a portion of the promised  $300.00 over a year.

At this point I decided to cancel.  I sent an e-mail as well as called since I was within my 30 day grace period. When I called , they encouraged me to wait for my confrmation for my requested vacation.  I was told it would be in by Friday 8/16/17.

SInce it did not arrive, I made other plans for my vacation.  I received a call to confirm a reservation and they stated they e-mailed me as well.  I have not receieved an e-mail.  I again told them I wanted to cancel the package and was told I could not cince I made a reservation and "fine print" which I never recived, said I accepted the package by making a reservation.

He went on to day, I waived my 30 day cancellation rights.

I aksed to apeak with a superviser and he informed n=me he was the highest in the compay except for the person who rented the building they work.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2017 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sunset-escapes/internet/sunset-escapes-sunset-escape-resorts-told-me-the-reports-on-line-was-another-company-not-1380190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content