Complaint Review: Suntrust Mortgage

• Suntrust Mortgage
    Suntrust Mortgage, 1001 Semmes Ave
    Richmond, Virginia
    United States of America

Suntrust Mortgage Raised mortgage without because they couldn't find flood insurance information Richmond, Virginia

On or about September of 201, Suntrust Mortgage purchased my mortgage from US Bank Home Mortgage. On 10/22/12 I received an escrow surplus letter stating that "Your New Monthly Mortgage Payment is $733.09 effective 12/01/2012," a couple dollars increase. As of Nov 8, 2012, Suntrust has been telling me, via phone calls to their customer services and insurance department that there is a $200 increase in my flood insurance because they are missing information they requested from my flood insurance company, and that my mortgage payment is late due to it being over $900. When I informed Suntrust that I am in a remodification adjustment until 2015, they tell me that my flood insurance has increased by $200 and that's why my mortgage has increase, like a broken record.When I contacted my flood insurance company, Fidelity National Flood Insurance at (800)820-3242 and spoke with Cheryl at ext. 5321, on Nov 8, 2012, she informed me that she had already sent all the info Suntrust requested, but would send it again. Though I have been making my payments in a timely manner and Suntrust has been cashing my checks, as of today I am receiving collection calls and being threatened by Suntrust with foreclosure letters. On March 9, 2013 I received a letter from QBE Specialty Insurance Company stating: "You are hereby notified in accordance with the terms and conditions of the above mentioned policy, and in accordance with the law, that the insurance Suntrust Mortgage placed on your property is cancelled effective 11/19/12 12:01 am Standard Time, for the following reason:OTHER INSURANCE COVERAGE PROVIDED. If applicable, your loan will be credited: $1,352.93. Sincerely, QBE c/o Suntrust Mortgage Inc."

I was never informed a different flood insurance policy was purchased for my home and none of the insurance policies on my house through Citizen or Fidelity, which dot do not expire until June, July and August of 2013, show any increases of $200 from 2012 to 2013.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2013 10:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/suntrust-mortgage/richmond-virginia-/suntrust-mortgage-raised-mortgage-without-because-they-couldnt-find-flood-insurance-info-1036069. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content