Complaint Review: Superior Chiropractic Centers

• Reported By: Cortaro Arizona
  • Superior Chiropractic Centers
    8290 E. Broadway Blvd
    Tucson, Arizona

On 5-15-08 I chose to go to this chiropractor due to having been in a car accident and feeling stiffness and pain in my neck.
I was never explained the various payment options.. I had insurance from the accident.. and was charged the highest price..
He put things on the bill that he never did.. such as a "detailed final exit exam"... when truly on my last visit.. he nearly tore my head off ... was quite rough with me since he knew it was the last visit.. I chose to stop going to him as he was rude to me quite often.. he was very demanding about me coming on certain days so it would look good on the insurance claim.. he was very concerned about that primarily..
I never got to see my xrays.. kept on waiting to see them.. never did. I was never taken into the consutation room.. as most of his clients are.
He charged $45 for manual therapy.. which was nothing more than a two minute shoulder rub.. $40 for a "report of findings", $40 for "activities of daily living"... I have no clue what that was all about..
His bill was $1090 ..and the check was in both of our names.. I didnt want to pay him for things he didnt do and certainly didnt deserve all that money.. but ended up singing the check so I could get the remainder as I did need it.... he paid me $510 cash since didnt trust him at all.. for that .. I feel very ripped off and shaken from having been yelled at by him in his office.. joined in by his secretary
I offered him $625 of the check which is about all he really deserved. I would like to have the remaineder returned to me. I dont think I should have had to pay $45 per visit when he gives discounts to others.. he called me a "hardship case" when I wanted the discount he gives to others.. I found that to be quite insulting..

He is a very rude, greedy and harsh person.. I warn anyone against going to see him..

Ripped off for ticket to nigeria via british airwa
Cortaro, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2008 11:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/superior-chiropractic-centers/tucson-arizona-85710/superior-chiropractic-centers-this-chiropractor-put-fraudulent-charges-on-the-bill-and-was-369574. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
4Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

12/19/08

This person for some reason has tried in every way to slander my name and reputation. She filed a complaint with the AZ. Attorney General's Office, which was investigated and dropped after review of records. She filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau which was investigated and dropped without merit. Then she filed a complaint with the AZ. Board of Chiropractic Examiners which was dismissed after review of records and my appearance in front of the Board.

All I can assume is that she was mad at me when I released he from care after she said she back to pre-accident status. Continuing care and making the Auto Insurance Company pay for more care would have been fraudulent and unethical, so she was released immediately. If that was wrong on my part, then I am guilty of being honorable in that way. The only demands placed on her was to schedule appointments and to call to cancel if she could not make the appointments. That was evidently too demanding. She was never yelled at in the office during her time of treatment, never.

The end result of this case was that she was in control of how much money she was reimbursed from the insurance company, instead when she did not like the settlement she negotiated she tried to have me pay her more from the portion due to me. It did not work.

I never like to have a bad feelings with any patients, however sometimes you just can't make everyone happy.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Unfortunate

AUTHOR: Lori - (U.S.A.)

It is unfortunate that this person had a negative experience with Dr. Peterson. I have seen Dr. Peterson for over ten years on a monthly basis and my husband longer than that. I have also had a wonderful soothing experience at his office. I almost find any of the comments about the doctor slanderous. Potential clients please take this persons experience with a gain of salt.

Signed,