Complaint Review: Superior Propane

Canada

Superior Propane Price ripoff Ottawa, Ontario Canada

*Consumer Comment: Superior propane

*UPDATE Employee: Please contact me

Two weeks ago Superior charged us 99 cents a litre for propane + handling and hazmut fee while the competition was charging 53 cents a litre (no handling or hazmut fee). I complained, Superior reviewed my fee and said the fee was normal for the amount of propane I use. I complained again and told them I would not accept the fee and I would switch suppliers. They dropped the fee to 58 cents, but with the handling and hazmut fee the real cost is higher -- probably about 63 cents a litre.

Superior is also charging us 150 a year for tank rental whereas the compeition charges nothing.  I also notice, from other Ripoff reports, that people are paying less -- 99 a year for tank rental.

If I were to do it all over again I would never buy from Superior. They actively look for ways to rip off the consumer. I notice that my propane cost has been creeping up over the years. Initially it was 53 cents a litre but before this last fill up the cost averaged about 77 cents a litre. I have heard that Superior preys on older people, charging them more per litre than other customers.

When we decide to leave Superior they will try to charge us to remove the massive tank that they installed. They told me it would be about $500. We paid $260 to have it installed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2012 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/superior-propane/ottawa-ontario-/superior-propane-price-ripoff-ottawa-ontario-canada-937931. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Superior propane

AUTHOR: Gimp - (Canada)

I have a recent discouraging experience with S.P. Can you help? and how cdo I contact you privately?

Please contact me

AUTHOR: Andrea - (Canada)

Hi there, I work for the sales team of Superior Propane. I'm very sorry your experience with us turned out not the way you'd hope. Please message me privately with your account number or your name and address and I can offer you a better deal.